Friday, September 2, 2011

[digital] Negru - Brotha EP

Artist(s): Negru; remix by Boola
Name: Brotha
Genre: tech-house, house
Label: Barraca Music
Catalog: BRM013
No. of tracks: 4
Type: normal

Tracklist:

01. Brotha (Original Mix)
02. Brotha (Boola Remix)
03. Got Yo Soul
04. Pulate


Opinion:

I always will remember the nights I spent in my favorite club, Studio Martin, and the artists that mixed there. Besides Livio & Roby, Negru was also included in the rooster of now defunct Mandarina9 booking agency. And it`s a pleasure for me to see that he is becoming a worldwide-recognized producer of quality music.
The EP contains 3 original songs and a remix by Boola, with whom Negru had collaborated (successfully I might add - check the 2Y-Cecille compilation here) in the past. And from the start the original mix of Brotha takes me back in Romania`s best underground club, with the same vibes and that lovely bass. Boola`s remix was strange at first, but after hearing it fully I appreciated its originality. A very strong track filled with (both distorted and undistorted) piano sounds creating a very rich and mad spectrum of sounds. Got Yo Soul is a track oriented to house, with some vocals that merge nicely with the strong percussion. Pulate is a digital exclusive track with a very interesting middle, when the beat disappears and the bass fades for a small relaxing moment,  and then hitting you at full power. This EP brings back memories for me and I`m glad that there are some Romanians out there that made it into the worldwide exclusive electronic music scene. FULL SUPPORT FOR NEGRU!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment